Contemplation

Layout I created in the spirit of Maggie Taylor. It came so easily and it is so very me and persons who know me well will agree. Credits: Holliewood Studios Beasts of Burden, Mr Whiskers Steampunk, Hidden Vintage Studios Red Headed Stepchildren, Christina Renee Glass Negatives
See it here at Pinterest

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Eyes  Take a Word Challenge: Windows

Credits: Crowabout Studio, Mr Whiskers Garden, FCD Bees, Pink Lotty papers, the rest are my 
creations including flowers from my garden :)

I can't say how long I've loved flowers, it seems I may have been born loving them. Now I grow them, photograph them, hang them on my walls, send them and sell them in a next generation form :) So when given the challenge to portray what the word "windows" inspires in me, I found myself using the time-worn expression of the eyes being the window to the soul. There is no one original source for the quote and it's been long known as an English proverb. Some credit Shakespeare, but it's in none of his writings.

So, if someone were to really look into my eyes, I think they would find some flowers...


...then I finished another one today, Sunday...



As always, thanx for stopping by and taking a peek!
Peace, pam
  





11 comments:

Dagmar said...

Oh wow - what a fantastic work!!! Hugs Dagmar

Karla B said...

A very interesting take on the theme!

Deann said...

What a wonderful beautiful thoughtful take on the challenge...and I adore your header.

Christine said...

Two great works, I love them both.The first one is personal and unique while the second one is soooo cute!

johanna said...

this saying had been the first which came to my mind, too when i read the challenge. and you mastered it so beautifully! and i can relate to your love of flowers. don´t know how often i say "this is one of my favorite flowers"... in the end most of them seem to be my favorites...

Anonymous said...

Two great ones. Seeing I love butterfly's it is darling with kitty cat. Window theme.


Mine is up.

Bill said...

Ouch! I love flowers, but I don't want any bee touching my eye! Both are fantastic collages!

indybev said...

Two lovely pieces of art. I love the first, but the bee on the eye gives me the creeps, I must say!! The second makes me smile. Thanks so much for sharing!

Taluula said...

Hi Pam, may I say I LOVE your blog header ... it's gorgeous. As our your two lovely images for this week's challenge ... and I love the idea of looking into your soul and finding flowers!

crafty creations said...

Good Morning Pam and oh what a delight to see your work p- amazing

x hilda

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

Love the way you have illustrated the word window on, a fantastic take on the theme.
Anni