Contemplation

Layout I created in the spirit of Maggie Taylor. It came so easily and it is so very me and persons who know me well will agree. Credits: Holliewood Studios Beasts of Burden, Mr Whiskers Steampunk, Hidden Vintage Studios Red Headed Stepchildren, Christina Renee Glass Negatives
See it here at Pinterest

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Three Muses Challenges - Friends

Credits: Holliewood Somewhere Else, Tumble Fish Studio Dreams Yonder, Emka My Garden, Beth Rimmer Butterfly Rain

The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend. ~Aristotle

There was another quote that I thought of using:

But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end.
~William Shakespeare

That is exactly what happened to me this week. Our town flooded this week, it never floods here but we had the largest rainfall in over 100 years. My basement was hit and I was beside myself with anxiety about what to do. I called a friend, not for her to come over to fix my problem, I really don't know why as I could have called several other other people first. But she's the best listener and the best cheerleader, and she does it with finesse. Life got in the way for several years and we lost touch. I recently told her that I didn't know what I did without her during that time. I never want that to happen again.

as always, thanx for taking a peek! 

peace, pam :)

2 comments:

sirkkis said...

What a beautiful, vibrant collage, and I love the quote, too. Your friendship story is nice to read.
Hugs!

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

A wonderful collage with many beautiful elements and in lovely colors, love the quote, thanks for sweet comment on my blog.
Anni